When is meat to be fed into the baby and what meat is better to start with?
Until 6 months of age, infants do not need any other products, except for my mother's milk. However, after six months, the crumb must receive much more nutrients than it contains mother's milk or adapted mixture. Starting to try a new food, the child gets acquainted with vegetables, cereals, fruits, butter. When the time comes for meat lures? What kind of meat should you start it with, how to cook meat for infants and how much to offer toddler up to a year and at an older age?
- First of all, meat and dishes from it are a source of proteins. Without these nutrients, cells in the body of a growing baby will not receive enough building material.
- It is also important that the amino acid composition of meat proteins is complete. It includes all the essential amino acids that are not formed in the human body, but must come from food.
- Meat is one of the sources of iron, magnesium, phosphorus, cobalt, zinc, fluorine and many other trace elements. Iron in meat products is represented by the heme form, absorbed better than the form of iron found in plant foods.
- Due to the more dense structure of meat dishes, the child, after their introduction into the diet, will learn to chew.
Harm and contraindications
Whether the concepts “Child” and “Vegetarianism” are compatible, see Dr. Komarovsky’s program.
Is there an allergy?
Meat types such as chicken and beef can cause allergic reactions, so they are not used as the first types of meat that a baby tries. When a child is introduced to a less allergenic rabbit and turkey, you can carefully begin to give veal and meat Chicken. If the child has an allergy to cow's milk, the introduction of veal and beef into his diet should be discarded.
How old do you get to feed?
According to the recommendations of the doctors, the appearance of meat in the child's diet is recommended from 8 months of age. At this age, for the first time, it is advised that babies who are breastfed and little artificials try to eat meat.
Introduction of meat foods at an earlier age is not carried out, because:
- The gastrointestinal tract of the crumbs is underdeveloped and unable to digest meat products completely.
- Perhaps the negative effect of proteins from meat on the kidneys of the baby.
- The risk of protein allergy at an early age is increased.
What meat is better for the first feeding?
The first type of meat that should be tried by a child is called rabbit meat.The main advantages of such meat - a rare occurrence of allergies and easy absorption. Rabbit meat is rich in minerals and vitamins, and since its fat content is low, the product is classified as dietary.
In addition to the rabbit for the first meal of meat foods suitable and turkey. This is also a low-allergic meat, the fibers of which are quickly digested. In turkey, as in rabbit, very little fat.
Crumbling is advised to introduce other types of meat later and very carefully for such reasons:
Can cause allergies
It contains quite a lot of fat, even if you choose only the lean part for crumbs.
Beef and veal
Often provokes allergies
Such meat is contraindicated in allergies to dairy products.
Also applies to fairly strong allergens.
Purchased chicken can be of dubious quality
Such types of meat as lamb, meat of geese and ducks, children younger than school age should not be given at all due to their high fat content. Meat broths do not prepare children younger than a year.
How to cook meat puree?
Take a small amount of meat (for the first samples, 10-20 grams are enough) and cook mince from it with your own hands. Boil until ready for 20-25 minutes, pass through a sieve to obtain a homogeneous consistency, and then dissolve it with women's milk or an adapted mixture, then blend with a blender.
You can also boil for baby meat, cut into pieces. In this case, it is recommended to bring the product to a boil, drain the water, pour the meat pieces with clean water and cook for about 45 minutes.
If you are going to give baby food a try for the first time, consider the following nuances:
- Meat should be homogeneous, so it is well boiled and minced, and also diluted to a mushy state with breast milk or a mixture.
- Meat puree give in the form of heat.
- The first portion - a maximum of half a teaspoon of the product.
- It is recommended to give it in the morning to assess the reaction of the baby to a new food by the end of the day.
- Next, the meat is given in the third feeding, complementing this product vegetable dishes.
- The amount of meat puree at one time increase gradually, adding half a teaspoon every next day.
- Ready meat mashed potatoes should not be stored in the refrigerator. Give crumbs only freshly prepared meat.
- When the baby gets used to the new taste, mix the meat with cereals, vegetables, add to soups.
- From 10 months meat is given to a child only 5 times a week, and on other days it is replaced with fish.
- Closer to the year, offer the little one no longer mashed potatoes, but meatballs, encouraging the little ones to chew.
Ready-made mashed potatoes from the store
Buying ready-made products for baby food, including meat, has its advantages:
- Such products are tested, so all the components inside the finished mashed potatoes are useful for children and meet the age needs.
- Ready meals are easy to warm up and quickly give to the child.
- Depending on the recommended age of use of the product (it is marked on the package), the degree of grinding of meat varies.
- Mashed potatoes can include several ingredients, such as meat and cereals, or meat and vegetables.
The norms of use for infants and older children
A portion of meat is primarily determined by the age of the baby:
Recommendations for eating meat per day
14-17 years old
What to do if the child does not want to eat, see the transfer of Dr. Komarovsky.
How to choose fresh and high-quality meat?
- When choosing beef for baby food, stop shopping for tenderloin, as this is the least oily part of the carcass. The same part should be chosen when buying pork.
- Buying for crumbs of rabbit, the best choice would be the meat of young animals (not older than 3 months). Cook the toddler back of the carcass, as it is less fibrous.
- Wanting to cook a turkey for a baby, buy a breast without a pelt. It is tender, tasty and lean meat, which is best absorbed. Buying a breast is also recommended and if you wish to treat your baby chicken.
- Purchased meat should smell good, be uniform and elastic. Do not buy unpleasant-smelling product, as well as odorless meat.
- Also, do not buy meat with brown or gray-brown color. Normally, meat should have a certain shade of red, characteristic of a particular variety (for example, pork has a pink color, and beef has a red color).
- When buying meat in a store, carefully read the label, check the expiration date and package integrity, and also evaluate the appearance of the product. If possible, smell the meat and make sure that it does not have any unpleasant odor.
Chef Vitaly Tikhonov tells how to choose high-quality fresh meat.