Mezim Forte children: instructions for use
If there are problems with the digestion of food, then multienzyme preparations can help. One of them is Mezim Forte, which is produced by the famous company Berlin-Chemie. The drug is actively advertised and often prescribed for adults with various eating disorders and problems with the gastrointestinal tract. Not everyone knows if babies are used in treatment and when they are prescribed to children. It is worth more to disassemble this drug and instructions for use.
Composition and release form
The drug is represented by only one form - tablets, which are coated. There can be from 20 to 100 pieces in one pack (20 in one blister). These tablets are pink, flat round in shape and have a peculiar smell. Each of them as the main component includes pancreatin, containing lipases with an enzyme activity of 3500 U and amylase with an activity of at least 4200 IU, as well as proteases with an enzymatic activity of 250 U.
Such enzymes are supplemented with microcrystalline cellulose, Na carboxymethyl starch, Mg stearate and colloidal Si dioxide. The casing of the drug is made of hypromellose, simethicone emulsion, titanium dioxide, E122 dye, talc, polyacrylate and macrogol 6000.
Enzymes in the composition of "Mezim Forte" help in the digestion of protein molecules, carbohydrates and fats, so these nutrients are absorbed in the small intestine more actively. The drug acts as a support for the pancreas, partially compensating for its inadequate secretory function.
This tool helps:
- In chronic inflammation of the pancreas, due to which its secretory function (the secretion of enzymes important for digestion) is impaired.
- For the treatment of cystic fibrosis.
- With errors in nutrition, when the body needs support in the digestion of food.
- In chronic pathologies of the stomach or intestines.
- In diseases of the gallbladder.
- In diseases of the liver.
- After irradiation or partial removal of the digestive tract, due to which the digestion of food was disturbed.
- Before ultrasound examination or x-ray of the abdominal cavity.
What babies are prescribed?
Any age restrictions in the annotations to "Mezim Forte" are not noted, but there is a mention that the medicine is allowed to be used for children only as prescribed by a doctor. If you are going to give enzymes to a child under one year old, at the age of 2 years, 5 years or older, you need to consult with a pediatrician or a gastroenterologist.
Tablets do not give children:
- With hypersensitivity to any of the ingredients.
- With acute pancreatitis.
- With chronic pancreatitis, if exacerbation begins.
Since the composition of the tablets does not include bile acids, the drug is not contraindicated in liver pathologies and dysfunction of the gallbladder.
Treatment with "Mezim" can cause an allergic reaction. In some babies, the drug affects the stool (provokes constipation or diarrhea) and causes discomfort in the stomach. Very long use of the drug sometimes leads to an increase in the level of uric acid in the urine and blood.
Instructions for use:
- "Mezim Forte" should be taken before meals with a small amount of water. Drinking juice or tea after swallowing tablets is not recommended.
- The dosage of medicine for each small patient is selected individually., taking into account the cause of digestive disorders and its degree.
- For babies who cannot swallow a solid tabletIt is permissible to crush the drug before taking it in powder and mix it in a spoon with boiled water, after which you need to give the child a remedy either from a spoon or with a syringe without a needle.
- The duration of the reception is also determined by the doctor. - for some babies, the medication is given only a few days, and someone needs constant use for several years.
"Mezim" should not be used with iron-containing drugs, as the enzymes will interfere with their absorption. The effectiveness of "Mezim Forte" will be lower if you assign it together with antacids, which include Mg hydroxide or Ca carbonate.
Terms of sale and storage
To purchase "Mezim Forte" in a pharmacy, you do not need to take a prescription from a doctor, but the use of such medication in children should be done only after consulting a specialist. The average price of 20 tablets is about 70 rubles. Keep them at home should be at a temperature of up to +30 degrees - in a place where the drug will not get a small child. The shelf life of the drug is 3 years.
The use of "Mezim Forte" for children speak mostly positively. Moms confirm that this medicine helps with problems with the digestive system and is well tolerated by children. Allergy to the drug occurs rarely, but still sometimes occurs, like other adverse reactions.
"Mezim Forte 10000"
This type of "Mezim" is represented by pink round pills, convex on both sides. They have a shell that withstands the action of gastric juice and begins to dissolve after the drug enters the intestinal lumen. "Mezim Forte" 10000 is packaged in blisters of 10 pieces and sold for 10-20 tablets per pack. This is a non-prescription medication that costs an average of 180 rubles per pack.
This drug also contains pancreatin, but the dosage of enzymes in it is completely different. The activity of lipase in this medicine is 10 thousand IU, protease - 375 U, and amylase - 7,500 U. The composition of the auxiliary components is also somewhat different from the Mezim Forte tablets.
Indications for the use of such drugs coincide with the reasons for the appointment of "Mezim Forte", and hereditary problems with the digestion of glucose and galactose are added to contraindications. Children such tablets prescribed from 3 years of age, because they can not be divided into parts. A single dose is selected individually - it is calculated on the activity of lipase (500-1000 IU per 1 kg of child weight).
Other medicines with the same active ingredient may be substituted. - “Creon 10,000”, “Hermital”, “Pangrol 10000», «Pancreatin», «Mikrasim"," Panzinorm 10000 "," Penzital "," Enzistal-P "and so on. All of them are capsules or tablets with a shell that dissolves in the intestine. Children are recommended to give them only as prescribed by a doctor, since the dosage is adjusted individually.
More information about Mezim Fort can be found in the next video.