Dried fruit compote for baby
Compote appears in the diet of the infant after the start of the introduction of fruit foods. Such drinking is useful for kids and is fairly easy to prepare. Compote made from dried fruit is especially valuable for babies. Let's take a look at when it is possible to acquaint the chest peasant with such a drink, in which cases it is not worth giving it, and according to what recipe you can prepare.
- The drink, which is made from dried fruits, contains a large dose of vitamins. In particular, it has vitamins of group B, and also vitamin A.
- A lot of this compote and minerals. Compote of dried fruit can serve as a source of sodium, iron, potassium, phosphorus, calcium and magnesium.
- Eating compote from dried fruit helps to strengthen the immune system.
- If the composition of such compote is prunes, the drink will help with constipation.
- Compotes are a source of extra fluid for a small child in hot weather.
- Due to the fructose content, the compote will be sweet and will be a source of energy for the little ones.
- The use of dried fruit compote is recommended for diarrhea and vomiting, as one of the sources of replenishment of lost fluid and minerals.
The compote is capable of harming the crumbs, for the preparation of which purchased dried fruits, processed with preservatives and other chemical additives, were used. They can cause an infant to develop allergies, diseases of the digestive tract and respiratory tract.
But even for high-quality and home-cooked dried fruits, an infant's allergic reaction is possible, so their introduction to the children's menu should be gradual. Especially carefully should give the baby compote of dried apricots.
Are there any contraindications?
- Compote boiled from dried fruit should not be given to a child with individual intolerance to its ingredients.
- Drink, which contains prunes, is not given for diarrhea.
- Compote, boiled from dried apples, dried apricots, raisins and other dried fruits are not recommended for children with diabetes.
- Compotes should not be given for gastritis or peptic ulcer disease.
At what age can I give?
It is recommended to inject compote into the baby’s diet after 6–7 months, when the baby breastfeeding begins to try new foods. Infants who are fed a mixture can be given a try kompotik one or two months earlier.
The first product among the dried fruit, from which you can cook crumbs compote, are dried apples. By welding them for the first time, the resulting liquid is diluted with boiled water. Further, the baby is gradually introduced to other types of dried fruit, not forgetting that the pear has the tendency to fix the chair, and the plum to relax it.
Like any other previously unknown product crumbs, compote of dried fruit is injected carefully, watching the reaction of the crumbs. On the first day, the baby can only be given a teaspoon of such a drink in the morning. If no negative symptoms are detected by the end of the day, the portion of the drink can be doubled the next day.
How to choose suitable dried fruits?
For compote of dried fruits, which will drink baby, it is important to choose natural and high-quality ingredients. A small child is not allowed to make compote from a product containing flavoring agents, preservatives or dyes. So you need to buy dried fruit from a trusted seller, and it is better to prepare dried fruits yourself.
Dried fruits, which will go to kompotik baby, should not have defects and damage by mold. When choosing dried apples or pears, make sure that such raw materials for children's compote are not over dried. To dry apples and pears for compote alone is not in the oven, and on the air.
When buying dried apricots, choose firm to the touch and soft dried apricots, which have no spots. Do not buy soft and bright fruits for your child, as they are treated with chemicals for a more presentable appearance.
Remember that dried fruits should not be stored in plastic or glass containers. It is best to put these fruits in linen bags that will lie in a dark and dry place.
How to cook?
- Dried fruit must be washed before boiling, and soaked. Such treatment allows you to get rid of litter and dirt. Keep washed raw materials in warm water is recommended for 15 minutes.
- Bring to the boil the desired volume of water and only then dip the dried fruit in the saucepan.
- Remember that dried fruit during cooking increases its volume. At 50 g of dried fruit, take at least 500 ml of water.
- Compote should not be boiled for a long time, so that the nutrients are preserved in the drink to the maximum. Reduce the heat, let the compote of dried apples or pears boil up to 30 minutes, and the drink from other dried fruits - up to 20 minutes. Least of all time required for cooking compote of raisins.
- After the stove is turned off, the drink should be allowed to brew under a closed lid for 30-60 minutes.
- Ready compote give the baby after cooling (the temperature of drinking should be comfortable) and filtering.
- From dried apples: Take per liter of water 100 g of dried apples. Rinse the stock well and soak in warm water so that the apples swell slightly. Cook compote over low heat for 25-30 minutes and cool. Sugar in this drink is not worth adding.
- From dried apricots: Take about 100 g of dried apricots for compote from one liter of water. Rinse the dried fruits and let them stay in water for 5 minutes, then cut into quarters, dip in boiling water and boil for 15 minutes.
- From raisins: Take 2 tablespoons of raisins, rinse and fill with liter of boiling water. Leave overnight or boil for ten minutes, and after cooling, strain.
- From prunes: Rinse a few berries of prunes and cut into halves. When the water boils, throw prunes in a saucepan and let it boil for about 10 minutes. It is necessary to insist on such a drink for 30 minutes, after which it remains to strain and can be given to the baby.
- From a mixture of dried fruit: After washing several pieces of dried apricots and prunes, as well as a little raisins, soak the fruit in water for more thorough cleaning. Put the raw material in a pot of boiling water. Boil such a compote need about 15 minutes.
- From dried and fresh fruits: Take dried apricots, several prune berries, as well as fresh pear and apple sliced. After cleaning and washing the fruit, put them in boiling water, then cook on low heat for 10 minutes. Leaving the drink for 1 hour, then it needs to be filtered and given to the crumbs.
How to prepare a compote of dried fruit, see the culinary school of the program "Eat at Home".
- Boil the baby compote without adding sugar to it. If you want to sweeten the drink, you can use fructose or grape sugar.
- Take for compote intended for the child, only clean filtered water. The best choice would be special purified water for baby food.
- It is best to cook fresh fruit compote daily. Store the prepared drink should be no longer than the day, as it will break down nutrients. In this case, the compote should be in the refrigerator, especially if it contains raisins.